Pug Dog Club of Maryland
Code of Ethics
Adopted Oct. 14 1994
1. I will strive to improve my breeding program to meet the American Kennel Club (AKC) standard of the Pug breed.
2. If I breed my bitch, or use my stud in service, I agree to keep accurate records of stock, matings, pedigrees and to register my breeding stock with the AKC, Inc. I do not condone and will not participate in mixed breeding or breeding pugs that are not AKC registered.
3. I will issue a sales and stud service contract commonly accepted as a legal binding contract, and in the best interest of all parties.
4. With each pug sold, I will make available the following: diet and care information, immunization and health records, three generation pedigree and, where applicable, a registration application or transfer. I will also provide a copy of this Code of Ethics and will offer to help with problem solving throughout the dog's live.
5. I will become familiar with, and abide by, all AKC rules and regulations, and I understand that suspension by the AKC is grounds for action by the Pug Dog Club of Maryland (PDCM).
6. I will refuse to deal knowingly with unethical dog breeders, retailer, dog wholesaler, and refuse to deal with any buyer when there is reason to believe that adequate facilities are not available for the dog, or that the dog will not receive proper care.
7. Should anyone, any time, become unable or unwilling to keep a pug sold or placed by me, I will take that dog back.
8. I understand that my failure to comply with this Code of ethics as well as other standards of this club subjects me to suspension or expulsion from PDCM.
Pug Dog Club of Maryland has been committed to the sport of showing, breeding and the Rescue of the Pug!